Rajma and Spinach Soup Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 5919 times
Succulent and subtle, this delicately flavoured soup is made from an unusual combination, that of rajma and spinach. So health-wise you have a protein-enriched meal. The pairing of flavours is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Enjoy it as a good beginning to your meal and add some grated cheese for appeal and to add richness to the soup.
Recipe Description for Rajma and Spinach Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano and dry red chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Add the rajma and 4 cups of water, mix well and bring it to boil (approx. 4 minutes).
- Lower the flame and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
See step by step images of Rajma and Spinach Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.