Ragi Vegetable Khichyu
by NEENA SAVLA
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10627 times
This is a highly nutritious and healthy recipe which is quick and easy to prepare . It can be served as breakfast, evening snack or dinner with a bowl of soup.
- Lightly roast the ragi in a kadhai, cool and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a kadhai add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the peanuts and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds, ginger-green chilli pasyte and sauté for a minute.
- Add carrot, vbottle gourd, sweet corn, coconut, all dry masala powders, salt and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chaas (buttermilk), mix and bring to a boil.
- Add coarse ragi flour, little by little and keep stirring continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Add coriander leaves and cook stirring till thick and leaves the pan. Remove from heat.
- To serve, grease a bowl with oil, spread some coconut flakes, coriander, roasted sesame seeds and fill the bowl with hot
- `Khichyu`, press lightly.
- Invert in a serving plate, drizzle til oil on top and serve hot immediately.
This recipe was contributed by NEENA SAVLA on 18 Oct 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.