Quick Green Gram Halwa
by Palak Rajput
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6702 times
This halwa is easy to make and tasty.
Add your private note
Quick Green Gram Halwa recipe - How to make Quick Green Gram Halwa
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 1 to 2 servings
- Coarsely grind rice and green gram separately using a spice blender and mix both powder together.Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the cashews and fry until golden brown.
- Remove the cashews onto a bowl.Keep aside.
- Add the prepared powder in the same pan and saute
- on a medium flame for a minute and remove from heat.Keep aside.
- Boil a cup of water and add the grated jaggery.
- Cook the jaggery mixture for a minute or until the syrup thickens a little.
- Stir in the prepared powder and cook covered on a slow flame until halwa comes together.
- Grease a small box with ghee and pour the above prepared halwa.
- Garnish with fried cashews and serve hot or cold.
This recipe was contributed by Palak Rajput on 19 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.