Punjabi Papdi Chaat
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 19509 times
Chaat shares a special place on our food list and also in our hearts. Punjabi papdi chaat recreates the magic of sweet and tangy chatpata taste with crisp papdis( gram flour fried cakes) and fried bhallas(urad dal dumplings) with an easy recipe.
Add your private note
Punjabi Papdi Chaat recipe - How to make Punjabi Papdi Chaat
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak the bhallas in hot water for 15 minutes, squeeze the water and keep aside. chop the potatoes fine.
- Beat the curd and add salt, 1 tsp. red chilies, black salt and 1 tsp. cumin powder. mix well.
- Take the papadis and dip in the curd mixture and arrange them in a flat serving dish.
- Put little chopped patatoes, channas and bhallas on the papadis.
- Pour the curd mixture on it.
- Pour little sweet chutney and a little green chutney on top.
- Soak tamarind for an hour and extract the pulp.
- Cook the pulp and jaggery in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool and add salt, black salt and chironji seeds and stir well.
- Grind all the ingredients under green chutney to a smooth paste.
- Add little water according to the required consistency.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.