Punjabi Baingan Da Bhurtha
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13671 times
Baingan da bhurtha or roasted eggplant(brinjals) recipe is a punjabi vegetable preparation. The roasted aubergines are cooked with onion-tomato and ginger- garlic paste and best served with roti or naans.
- Hold the brinjals with stems over an open flame and roast till the slik turns black and brinjal turns soft.
- Place them under running water and peel.
- Mash the brinjal into puree and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions, all dry masalas, except red chilli powder, mix well and saute for more 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, brinjals, salt, lemon juice and mix well.
- Simmer for five minutes and transfer in serving bowl.
- Just before serving, heat ghee in a small pan.
- Hold pan over bowl, add chilli powder, and pour immediately over bhartha.
- Do not allow the chilli powder to burn.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with tandoori roti, paratha, etc.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 16 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.