Pudina Pulao Recipe, Spicy Mint Rice recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 715 times
Bursting with a peppy flavour, the Pudina Pulao is a delightful one-dish meal , which you can just serve with a cup of curds.
Flavoured with a tempering of spices and a zesty paste of aromatic herbs like coriander and mint, this rice dish is totally awesome.
Recipe Description for Pudina Pulao Recipe, Spicy Mint Rice
- Combine all the ingredients along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Soak the rice in enough water in a deep bowl for 30 minutes,. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the green paste, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice, little salt and 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Mix it gently and serve hot with curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.