Potato Smiley by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 488 times
If you see a frown on your kid’s face, this is the best recipe to put the smile back! The Potato Smiley is an all-time favourite kids’ recipe. The potato-based dough is shaped into small, flat rounds, with eyes and a smile impressed upon each, using a straw and a spoon. Once deep-fried, they become crisp and golden-hued, attractive in every way. This cheerful starter is bound to start your meal on a positive note, literally! Serve it immediately as it will become soft later.
Recipe Description for Potato Smiley
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, without using water.
- Cover it with a lid and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Place a plastic sheet on a clean dry surface and place a portion of the dough in the center, press it lightly and place another sheet of plastic over it.
- Roll the dough into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter thick circle using a rolling pin.
- Remove the plastic sheet from top and make 7 rounds of approx. 50 mm. (2”) in diameter with the help of a cookie cutter or a vati.
- Place these 7 rounds on a clean dry surface and make eyes using a straw and a smile using a spoon on each round.
- The dough remaining after cutting the rounds can be used to make 3 more smileys.
- Repeat steps 4 to 8 to make 10 more smileys with one more portion of the dough.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the smileys, a few at time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
See step by step images of Potato Smiley Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.