Potato and Corn Sandwich an a Tawa Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1865 times
Potato and Corn Sandwich an a Tawa Video. Have you ever wondered why bread-based snacks taste so wonderful when had on the roadside? While part of the credit goes to the experienced hand of the vendor who makes them day in and day out, it is also partly due to the way the bread is cooked on a tava with loads of butter! While electric toasters have replaced the tava in some sandwich counters, many roadside vendors still use the humble tava to make their droolworthy fare! So, why not do the same at home
Recipe Description for Potato and Corn Sandwich On A Tawa
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Trim the edges from all the bread slices.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface. Apply ½ tsp of butter on each bread slice.
- Place a portion of the prepared stuffing on one buttered bread slice and spread it evenly.
- Cover it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Spread ½ tsp of butter evenly over it.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle) , place the sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 5 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and wafers.
See step by step images of Potato and Corn Sandwich On A Tawa Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.