Plum Cake by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1941 times
Christmas is just so incomplete without Plum Cake. In fact, the air is so rich with the smell of Plum Cakes baking in ovens all around the city that everybody wants to have a bite.
For those of you who do not have eggs but have been yearning for a taste of this fabulously rich, dry fruit packed cake, here is an Eggless Plum Cake, which is absolutely authentic in its taste and sure to steal your hearts.
Recipe Description for Plum Cake, Eggless Plum Cake
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the raisins, black raisins, sweet cherries, tutti frutti and rum in a deep bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 24 hours.
- Combine the butter and condensed milk in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till smooth.
- Add the sieved flour mixture gradually and fold gently using a spatula.
- Add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, soaked dry fruits, mixed nuts, orange rind and mix well.
- Add the orange juice little by little to adjust the consistency.
- Transfer the mixture in a greased 200mm. (8") aluminum tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°c) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly, loosen the edges using a knife and demould it by inverting the tin over a board and tap gently to unmould the loaf.
- Brush the loaf with little sugar syrup and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into thick slices and serve immediately or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- Use orange juice accordingly to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- You can soak the dry fruits in rum or orange juice for minimum 24 hours.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.