Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10387 times
It is difficult to beat the taste of a freshly baked pizza crust which gets spread with a fresh tomato puree and topped with select veggies and grated cheese. Roll up these pizzas and then cut it in circulars and relish as snack or mini meal.
- Seive the flour in a deep dish.
- Mix yeast in 1 cup warm water and add some sugar in it.
- Keep aside till frothy.
- Mix flour, salt and other ingredients with the yeast mixture and roll the flour with warm water.
- Add flour if dough is sticky.
- Blend for 10 min till smooth and elastic.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 min.
- Heat olive oil, add basil leaves, cumin seeds and fry the ginger garlic paste.
- Fry onions till brownish in color.
- Add chopped tomatoes and other spices.
- Fry till oil sepeartes.
- No water is required.
- Roll the dough to a thin round shape (see to it that it does not stick to your coutertop).
- Apply olive oil on both sides of the rolled dough.
- Apply a thin layer of pizza sauce over the dough.
- Spread the toppings evenly.
- If desired...sprinkle cheese all over.
- Make vertical slits over the dough and start folding the rolls starting from the bottom going upwards.
- Grease a baking pan...and bake the rolls till brownish and crispy.
- If you add cheese...you may have to bake a little longer.
- Don''t forget to preheat the oven to 375 deg f.
This recipe was contributed by dtanna on 04 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.