This recipe has been viewed 3309 times
Pearl pulao is a nourishing pulao recipe with healthy chickpeas. The rajmah pearls add color, taste and health to the basic pulao recipe and is a great recipe for children.
Add your private note
Pearl Pullav recipe - How to make Pearl Pullav
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes. drain.
- Mix the water and milk together.
- Add the caradamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf, salt and rice and cook until almost done.
- Soak the chick peas overnight. next day, boil with a little water and the soda bi-carb. drain.
- Heat the ghee, add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a while.
- Add the chilli powder and the turmeric (in a little water) and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the curds, tomatoes, potatoes and green chillies and stir for a while.
- Add the chick peas and salt.
- To the cooked rice, add the coriander, mint, green chillies and fried onions.
- Put one layer of rice in a big bowl and spread a layer of chick pea gravy on top
- Make alternate layers of rice and gravy in this manner.
- Finally, sprinkle the saffron milk on top, cover and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 20 minutes.
- When baked, turn upside down in a serving dish and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shubaraj on 24 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.