by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7445 times
An attractive pastry which tastes as good as it looks.
- Pour the cake mixture into a well-greased and dusted Swiss roll tin and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree C (400 degree F) for 15 minutes. The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Cool the cake and cut into rounds (or squares).
- Sprinkle a little syrup from the pear can over the cake pieces.
- Slice the pears.
- Mix all the ingredients for the lemon filling except for the lemon rind and boil until the mixture becomes thick. Cool.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until thick.
- Add the lemon mixture and lemon rind and mix well.
- Spread a little lemon filling on each cake round and put another cake on top.
- Apply a little lemon filling on the upper cake round top and thereafter arrange a few pear slices on top. Apply a little jam on the sides. Apply crushed biscuits over the jam.
- Repeat with the remaining cake and filling.
- Chill the pastries.
- Place in paper cups and serve.
- Variation : Pear Pastries (Eggless):
- Proceed as above using eggless sponge cake mixture, instead of fatless sponge mixture.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.