Panna By souffle
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2395 times
The tangy panna is a delicious, cooling raw mango drink recipe which can be bottled and used as desired through the year. Follow the easy to prepare aam panna recipe to create a healthy thirst quencher.
Add your private note
Panna By souffle recipe - How to make Panna By souffle
Preparation Time: 10 MINS Cooking Time: 30 MINS Total Time:
- Step 1:
- Preparation of sugar syrup:
- Take about 2 tall glasses of water in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add the sugar to it.
- Stir and boil till the syrup becomes viscous. (it should be slightly thicker than gulab jamun syrup consistency.)
- Simmer and add a few drops of lime juice to clarify the syrup. put off the stove.
- Filter the syrup through a piece of muslin cloth or a fine sieve.
- When it has cooled slightly, stir in the saffron strands soaked in a tablespoon of warm water.
- Step 2:
- Peel the raw mangoes and cut into big cubes.
- Pressure cook these cubes with a pinch of cinnamom powder.
- After the mangoes have been cooked, before it cools completely, mash it into a pulp in a blender using very little warm water. (you can use the water in which the mangoes have been cooked.)
- Sieve the pulp through a medium-fine sieve.
- Add a pinch of salt to the seived juice and mix well.
- Step 3:
- To make the panna concentrate:
- When the syrup and the mango juice is still warm, mix them together.
- Add the rest of the cinnamon powder and cardamom powder. mix thoroughly.
- Cool completely and fill into a clean dry bottle.
- Serving instructions:
- Mix 1/4 glass of the panna concentrate with 3/4 glass of water and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by souffle on 20 May 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.