Paneer Paratha ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35660 times
Paneer paratha, paratha envelopes filled with lentils and cottage cheese. Combine this paratha with curds or raita to make a complete protein-rich meal.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Knead again till smooth, cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent.
- Add the cauliflower, fenugreek leaves, salt and turmeric powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the paneer, ginger, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt (as required), mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring gently. Keep aside.
- When cool, divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 75 mm. (3") diameter circle.
- Put one portion of the stuffing in the centre of each paratha and fold all the sides in such a way so as to form an envelope.
- Roll again using a little flour into a 125 mm ( 5” ) diameter circle.
- Place the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the open edge at the bottom. Cook using 1 tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas. Serve hot with curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.