Paneer Marbles with Grapes and Pineapple Gravy
by Rehana Khambaty
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9278 times
A delicious tangy paneer combination with citrus fruits!
- Combine the mashed paneer, ginger and green chillies together in a bowl and mix well.
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep pan, add saffron, mix well and cook until milk is reduced to half.
- Divide the reduced saffron milk into 2 equal portions and pour one portion over the paneer mixture (Reserve the other quantity for the gravy).
- Add the salt, chilli powder and basil leaves and mix well.
- Make small marbles of the paneer mixture and roll the marbles lightly and evenly in the cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry till they turn golden brown from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions, bay leaves, black cardamom and ½ cup water in a pan, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook until onions are transparent and the liquid is dry.
- Make a paste of the boiled onions in a blender and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add boiled onion paste, ginger and garlic paste and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add the ginger and green chillies and saute for another 2 mins.
- Add the coriander seeds powder and chilli powder and saute till the ghee floats on top.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and cook till the ghee floats on top.
- Add the curds, while stirring constantly.
- Add the cashewnuts paste with the remaining (reduced) saffron milk, crushed pineapple and the cream, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add the paneer marbles, garam masala, salt and half of the coriander, mix well and bring to a boil and remove from the flame immediately.
- Add the grapes and mix gently making sure you do not break the paneer marbles.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 23 Mar 2012Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.