Paneer Chilly Dosa by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1725 times
This dosa is sure to set your tongue on fire! We have cast some Chinese magic on dosa, the ever-popular South Indian snack, to make a unique and exciting dish.
You can think of this as a Chinese counterpart for the popular Masala Dosa, just that the usual potato masala is replaced with a fiery paneer chilli stuffing.
Recipe Description for Paneer Chilly Dosa, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and cabbage and aute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, chilli-garlic sauce, soya sauce, chilli powder, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring ocassionally.
- Add 1 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while mashing lightly using a potato masher.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour ½ cup of batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 225 mm. (9") thin dosa.
- Spread 1 tsp of butter all over the dosa and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Spread 1 portion of the paneer chilly stuffing all over the dosa and cook on a medium flame for ½ minute.
- Fold over the dosa to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Paneer Chilly Dosa, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.