Panchamrut Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 219 times
Panchamrut Video. Panchamrut is a dish with a holy connotation, in the sense that it is offered to God during most pujas. Different regions and communities prepare different versions of panchamrut – some with milk products, some with fruits and honey, and so on.
Recipe Description for Panchamrut
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a slow flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and sauté on a slow flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the asafoetida and sauté on a slow flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and sauté on a slow flame for 10 seconds.
- Add the tamarind pulp, chilli powder, raisins, cashewnuts, jaggery and 1/4 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the jaggery melts.
- Add the peanut powder, dry coconut, sesame seeds powder and ½ cup of water, goda masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Panchamrut Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.