Palak Pulao, Palak Rice, Spinach Rice by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 54 times
Simple elegance, that describes the Palak Pulao best of all. Easy and tasty, this Spinach Rice is loaded with spinach and moong dal, and derives its flavour from ingredients like onions, green chillies and tomatoes.
Recipe Description for Palak Pulao, Palak Rice, Spinach Rice
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic paste, green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. While stirring occasionally.
- Add the dal, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot with curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.