Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37496 times
Serve with rice, chapatis or parathas. (whole wheat tortillas are good makeshift chapatis).
in general, I find that Indian meat dishes taste better the day after.
Add your private note
Palak Murgh recipe - How to make Palak Murgh
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- 1. marinate the chicken in the yoghurt with half the ginger/ garlic paste, a quarter of the onions and a quarter of all the spices for about an hour.
- 2. then heat up a reasonable amount of oil on a medium flame (you get to decide what "reasonable" is) and add the bay leaves - whole or broken up, and the cloves and cardamom.
- 3. when they darken add the remaining onions and saute for a while. when they begin to change color, add the remaining ginger and garlic.
- 4. saute till the onions are almost a dark golden brown, and add all the remaining spices and salt.
- 5. saute all this for a while, but be careful not to burn the spices - if you do, add some sugar.
- 6. next add the chicken with all the marinade and turn the flame to high.
- 7. fry till all the water evaporates and fat begins coming to the surface.
- 8. add the tomatoes and wait for them to cook.
- 9. add the liquidized spinach as much. depending on the thickness/quantity of the gravy, you might or might not want to add a little water along with the spinach.
- 10 lower the flame and simmer till the chicken is cooked to the desired tenderness.
- 11. add garam masala and heat through for one minute before turning off the flame.
This recipe was contributed by shilpavir1 on 14 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.