Palak Makkai Malai By Foodie #48100
by Foodie #48100
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 6929 times
A vegetable specialty preparation,palak makkai malai has makkai or corn kernels mixed with palak or spinach puree ,spices and cooked in a creamy(malai) rich gravy. Easy and yet a delicious recipe, which can be enjoyed with roti or parantha. .
- Combine the moong dal and spinach, turmeric powder, cloves, cinnamon powder, onions, ginger, chillies and 1 1/2 cups water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Or till the dal is soft.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pan, add the corn, spinach mixture, salt, amchur, garam masala and saute till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a small pan and add chilli powder and pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- Serve hot with naan, roti, etc.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 13 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.