by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47745 times
We have all eaten dahi pakodis and dahi wadas but can you imagine the same pakodis in a coconut kadhi? Yes, there is a combination that truly tastes divine. The fluffy little pakodis which are deep-fried and soaked in water go well with a hot coconut and curd based kadhi topped with a sweet and spicy chutney, lots of sprouts and spring onions. The coconut kadhi uses coconut milk which is the liquid extracted with water from the coconut flesh. Coconut milk is now available in tetra packs at grocery stores, so you need not go through the effort of extracting it.
- Combine the urad dal, ginger, green chillies and salt in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the soda bi-carb and mix well.
- Drop small portions of the batter into hot oil and deep-fry, a few pakodis at a time, on a medium flame till the pakodis are golden brown. (this makes about 10 pakodis)
- Soak the deep-fried pakodis in a bowl with enough water for about 15 minutes. Drain the water and squeeze them between your palms. Keep aside.
- Place 5 pakodis in a serving bowl, pour ½ cup of hot coconut kadhi evenly over it.
- Put 1 tbsp khajur imli ki chutney, 2 tsp green chutney, 2 tbsp mixed sprouts, 1 tbsp spring onions and ½ tbsp of coriander evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 1 more plate.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.