Padwal Dal ( Snake Gourd Dal)
by Supraja Kanagaraj
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 34383 times
An easy to make spicy dal with padwal or snake gourd.
- clean, wash and pressure cook the toovar dal and snake gourd in enough water for 2-3 whistles or till cooked but not mashed.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and saute for a minute.
- Add the cooked snake gourd and saute till the oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add coriander powder and tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add the ground paste and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and 2 cups of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the snake gourd seeds and saute till they turn soft.
- Pour this tempering on the dal, sprinkle the salt, chilli powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by Supraja Kanagaraj on 09 Dec 2011I love to cook and after all these years have time to tryout various cuisine as i was working earlie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.