Paan Ki Ladoo- Betel Leaves and Coconut Fudge
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55269 times
Coconut Ladoos are one of the sweets that can very easily be made for any festival. These can be made using fresh coconut or desiccated coconut.
I have given this simple coconut ladoo which can be made instantly with two ingredients only i,e, condensed milk and desiccated coconut has been given a wonderful twist with the addition of Paan in it.
This can be made instantly and can be relished any time of the year.
- In a pan, add the Gulkand and the dry fruits and cook on slow flame till it binds together. Switch off the gas and keep it aside to cool.
- Roll the paan leaves together and finely chop them.
- Pour the condensed milk in heavy bottom pan. Add desiccated coconut to it and mix well.
- Cook the condensed milk and coconut mixture in the heavy bottom pan, on medium low flame. Stir the mixture continuously to avoid burning. Add the chopped paan leaves and a pinch of green food color and cardamom powder to it.
- Within 2 to 3 minutes, the mixture will start leaving the sides and come together as dough.Switch off the gas and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Grease your palms with ghee. Pinch a small portion of the mixture and make a depression with your thumb on it and place a bit of Gulkand and dryfruits mixture inside and roll between your hands into balls like ladoos.
- Roll the ladoos in desiccated coconut and keep aside.
- Serve this easy and quick Paan ke Ladoo during festive occasions like Diwali with pride.
- In a Pan, add the 1 cup of rose petals, ½ cup sugar and 2 tbsp of water and stir continuously till sugar dissolves and the rose petals are cooks perfectly.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to prevent the sugar from crystallizing. Let it cool and keep it aside. Your Gulkand is ready to be used.
- You can also use the store bought Gulkand in place of this also.
This recipe was contributed by Alkajena on 17 Nov 2015Food Blogger...Recipe Creator...Food Stylist....Food Photographer...Dedicated mother...Working profe...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.