by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 129042 times
A digestive dessert. All the goodness of ice-cream flavoured with paan. Look for all the ingredients in your neighbourhood pan shop.
- Wash the paan leaves and grind them into a fine paste along with the lemon juice in a blender. Sieve through a strainer and keep the juice aside.
- Deseed and finely chop the kharek.
- Mix together the paan juice, kharek, saunf, cardamom powder and gulkand in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the cornflour in ¼ cup of cold milk. Keep aside.
- Place the rest of the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the dissolved cornflour and simmer for another 5 minutes while stirring continuously, till it is of a coating consistency.
- Remove from the fire and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the paan flavouring mixture and cream to the milk.
- Mix well and pour into a shallow dish.
- Freeze till slushy. Remove and beat with a whisk until smooth and creamy (or use a blender).
- Add the menthol and mix well.
- Freeze again until firm. Scoop and serve.
- Lucknowi saunf is smaller in size as compared to fennel seeds and more fragrant.
- It is available at most grocery stores and paan vendors.
- The ice-cream mixture has to be chilled before you add the paan mixture as it may curdle because of the lemon juice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.