by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42428 times
The luscious texture and intensely rich flavour of thickened full-fat milk contrasts beautifully with the refreshing tanginess of orange segments, resulting in an aesthetic Orange Kheer that anyone is bound to fall in love with!
Cardamom lends its mildly spicy notes to this unusual kheer, which is sweetened to just the right level so that the citrus flavour comes across clearly.
This Orange Kheer has to be served chilled for complete enjoyment. An excellent dessert to serve at any Party .
- Combine the cornflour and cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan on a high flame, which will take approx. 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix very well.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the orange and mix well.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.