Orange Cake Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 1161 times
The pleasant hue and fresh citrusy aroma of this Orange Cake are sure to attract you! And when you do bite into a slice, the outcome will be even better than what you expected because the fresh orange juice and orange rind used in the batter give this cake a very refreshing flavour, comparable to the experience of biting into an orange cream biscuit.
Recipe Description for Orange Cake, Eggless Orange Slice Cake
- Combine the butter and the condensed milk in a deep bowl, mix well using a spatula.
- Add the orange essence, orange colour and orange rind and mix well.
- Add the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and orange juice and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175mm. (7”) rectangle aluminium loaf tin and tap it lightly. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c ( 360°f ) for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly, loosen the sides with the help of a knife and demould it.
- Cut the cake into 13 mm. ( ½“) slices.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
See step by step images of Orange Cake, Eggless Orange Slice Cake Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.