Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54954 times
Quick and easy orange burfi recipe at tarladalal.com. The burfi is cooked with orange segments which is cooked with khoya, sugar and cardamom powder. Serve the orange burfi cut into appealing diamond shapes garnished with crushed nuts.. A special dessert for festivals and parties.
- Peel oranges,remove transparent skin from segments and seeds. keep aside.
- Grind khoya to a powder in mixie. mix khoya and sugar in a karahi and heat on medium, stir constantly until thick.
- Put in the orange segments,this will thin down the mixture again, stir continuously.
- When the whole mixture thickens and becomes a homogenous mass, add ghee and cardomom pd. and mix nicely, remove from fire.
- Spread on a greased tray,sprinkle nuts.
- Cut into pieces when cool.
This recipe was contributed by mani36 on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.