Open Masala Toast by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 543 times
You would never have imagined that simple bread can be transformed into such a tongue-tickling delight! Buttered bread is layered with raw mango pickle and topped with a yummy mixture of potatoes, green peas and spice powders. This is then tava-cooked till crisp, and served with a garnish of onions and chaat masala.
Recipe Description for Open Masala Toast
- Divide the topping into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut all the bread slices into approx. 62 mm. (2½ ") diameter roundels with the help of a cookie cutter.
- Place 5 bread roundels on a clean, dry surface. Apply ¼ tsp of crushed mango pickle evenly over each bread roundel.
- Spread a portion of the topping over each roundel and press it lightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with butter.
- Place all the 5 open toasts on the tava (griddle) with the open side facing downwards and cook on a medium flame, using a little butter, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 5 more toasts in one more batch.
- Serve immediately garnished with little onions and chaat masala over each open toast.
- The outer hard covering of the mango seed which is usually the part of the pickle should be discarded and not blended.
See step by step images of Open Masala Toast Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.