Onion and Karela Subzi by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 582 times
Wonderfully flavourful, this Onion and Karela Subzi is perked up not just by the pungency of onions, but also by the aroma of roasted sesame seeds and the tanginess of amchur powder.
Recipe Description for Onion and Karela Subzi
- Combine the bitter gourd and a little salt in a deep bowl and mix very well. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze all the water from the bitter gourd and place them on a kitchen towel to dry them completely.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the bitter gourd, mix well and cover and cook on a slow flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, sugar, dried mango powder, sesame seeds, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
See step by step images of Onion and Karela Subzi Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.