Oatmeal and Spinach Crêpes with Ratatouille Stuffing
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25986 times
Crepes are delicious thin pancakes that are popular in French cuisine. While Crepes are usually made with maida, here we have made it heart-friendly using oats and whole wheat flour.
The Oats and Spinach Crepes with Ratatouille Filling is also loaded with veggies that improve the taste and fibre content.
The white sauce too is not fat-laden but made with cauliflower, which gives the same creamy mouth feel and taste. Enjoy this delicious and healthy treat hot and fresh.
Also try other heart friendly international recipes like Healthy Bean Quesadilla and Paneer Shavarma Wrap .
- Combine the oats, spinach purée, whole wheat flour, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a 150 mm. (6") diameter non-stick broad pan and grease it using very little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter in the pan and tilt it around quickly so that the batter spreads and coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the crêpe around and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 4 more crêpes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the zucchini, brinjal, capsicum, onions, garlic and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper powder and oregano and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the ratatouille stuffing in the centre and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 1 to make 4 more stuffed crêpes.
- Pour ¼ cup of low-cal white sauce evenly in a baking dish and arrange all the stuffed crêpes evenly over it.
- Top it with the remaining 1 cup of low-cal white sauce evenly and sprinkle mixed herbs and chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.