Neer Dosa Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 723 times
Nothing like this Neer Dosa to soothe your palate! Made with a simple batter of raw rice, this dosa has a soothing flavour and a mildly chewy texture that is very appealing.
The batter for this dosa does not require any fermentation. Although simplicity is the highlight of the Neer Dosa, it requires a bit of expertise to prepare it perfectly.
Recipe Description for Neer Dosa ( Idlis and Dosas)
- Put the jaggery in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cool, store refrigerated and use within 1 day.
- Combine the drained raw rice and ½ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 1 cup of water and salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) till red hot, sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Grease the tava (griddle), with a little oil and pour approx. ? cup (approx. 5 tbsp) of the batter on it and tilt tht tava (griddle), in a circular motion to make a round dosa.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Fold the dosa into a triangle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with churna.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.