4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18405 times
Nannari Sharbat is a popular summer drink recipe with nannari roots ground into paste and then served on a bed of crushed ice. A cooling and refreshing sherbet or juice recipe for hot summers.
- Break the sarasaparilla roots into 1"-2" pieces.
- Dry very well in hot sun.
- Ligtly crush and remove the hard portion inside.
- Powder it fine in a dry grinder.
- Boil the water, remove from the stove and add this powder,mixing well.
- Leave for 8-10 hrs undisturbed. strain.
- Using fine muslin cloth, add sugar.
- Put on stove again.
- Heat stirring continuously ( to prevent sugar
- Sticking at the bottom) till you get a slightly sticky consistency.
- Remove, cool well and add juice from the lemons.
- More lime juice is optional.
- Thi preserves very well.
This recipe was contributed by chitvish on 09 Dec 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.