Naanza recipe video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 277 times
Naanza video. Our tandoori magic meets the Italian favourite in more ways than one! We tried making a pizza with a naan as the base, and it turned out very good.
Recipe Description for Naanza
- To make the naanza recipe, combine the sugar, yeast and 5 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix lightly and cover and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, curds, salt, yeast-sugar mixture and melted ghee in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using very little water if required.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 30 minutes).
- Deflate the dough and remove the excess air.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll it a little. Sprinkle ½ tsp of black sesame seeds over it. Roll out into an oblong of 200 mm. (8") 125 mm (5”) using a little plain flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan over it with the sesame seeds side facing downwards. Cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden from both the sides.
- Place the naanza base again on a non-stick pan on a slow flame and spread 1 tbsp of pizza sauce evenly over it.
- Arrange 1/4 cup of sliced coloured capsicum, few sliced onions and few sliced baby corn evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of grated cheese evenly over it.
- Spread 1 tsp of butter around the naanza, cover it with a lid and cook on a slow flame till it turns crispy and the cheese melts.
- Repeat steps 6 to 12 to make 2 more naanza.
- Cut the naanza into wedges and serve immediately.
See step by step images of Naanza Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.