Moong Sprouts Chaat Surprise
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12733 times
Moong sprouts chaat surprise offers a simple way of recreating the favorite tangy chaat at home. The Maida and semolina based puris are served with sauteed moong sprouts and boiled potato mixture. The puris are filled with moong sprout mix, a green and sweet chutney is added and then the chaat is served with beaten curd and sev as topping.
- Add enough water to form a pliable dough and knead well.
- Rest the dough for a while and form into small balls. flatten these and grease them on both sides and roll out into small puris.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Grind all the green chutney ingredients to a fine paste with a little water if required.
- Grind all the sweet chutney ingredients and add to the tamarind pulp.
- To sprout moong: soak 1/2 cup whole moong overnight in water.
- Tie loosely in muslin and hang, sprinkling a little water every few hours.
- Braise the moong sprouts in a tablespoon of oil and just sufficient water to cook tender.
- Toss well with salt and pinch of red chilly powder.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, cubed potatoes and toss with salt,red chilly powder and roasted cummin that has been crushed fine.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Spice yogurt/curds with a little green chutney and salt. in a large tray put a plate of puris in the centre.
- Surround with bowl of moong sprouts and potato.
- Have little bowls containing sweet and green chutney and spiced curd.
- Make a dent in each puri, fill with potato and moong sprouts and the sweet and green chutneys and spiced yogurt/curds.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.