Moong Dal Water (Baby and Toddler) Video of Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3846 times
This is a nourishing food and an ideal one to start with as its texture is similar to that of breast milk. The water has been strained as babies cannot digest whole cereals and pulse before the age of 6 months. It is best to give it unstrained after your little one is 6 months old. To make it tastier, you can add a tadka of ghee, jeera and turmeric powder a couple of weeks after you start this.
Recipe Description for Moong Dal Water ( Baby and Toddler )
- Combine the moong dal and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Add another ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the cooked dal mixture using a strainer.
- Serve lukewarm.
- Masoor dal water
- 2 tbsp of masoor dal (split red lentil) can be used instead of yellow moong dal and proceed as per the recipe.
See step by step images of Moong Dal Water ( Baby and Toddler ) Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.