Moong Dal Tadka
by Foodie #380278
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87693 times
A delicious dal recipe, moong dal tadka is a simple recipe which can be used for every day cooking. A blend of tuar and moong dal is tempered tadka)with mustard and cumin seeds and flavored with tomatoes, onions, ginger garlic paste and jeera powder. Simply delicious, when served with steamed rice!
- Soak both the dals in enough water for atleast 2 hours.
- Pressure cook the dal with cloves, black cardamom, pepper corns and grated ginger and salt till the dal is cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the green chillies and tomatoes and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the amchur, chilli powder and coriander powder, mix well and saute for a min.
- Add kasuri methi, coriander, mix well and temper on the prepared dal.
- Bring the dal to boil mixing all the ingredients and serve hot with a teaspoon of ghee.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #380278 on 08 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.