Moong Dal Sultani
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 180 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61584 times
Even commonly consumed dals rock when combined intelligently with the right ingredients! Garlic and tomatoes add tang and taste to this versatile dal, which goes well with rice as well as with phulkas. Folic acid content of moong dal is an added benefit to this dal.
Serve with Bajra and Cauliflower Roti , Carrot Pickle and rice .
- Clean, wash and soak both the dals in water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the dals, tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Remove, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the cumin seeds and dry roast for about 30 seconds.
- Lower the flame, add the onions and dry roast till the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture starts burning.
- Add the cooked dals, ½ cup of water and mix well and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.