Moong Dal Dahi Vadas (Non-Fried) Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 21417 times
Moong Dal Dahi Vadas (Non-Fried) Video Amidst drum rolls and lots of pomp, we present a non-fried version of none other than one of the most popular chaats. . . Dahi vada. Be careful not to soak the wadas beyond 2-3 minutes, to prevent them from breaking. This snack will surely stir up your appetite when served with green chutney and sweet and sour chutney.
Recipe Description for Moong Dal Dahi Vada
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain, add the green chillies and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using approx. ½ cup of water.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle the fruit salt and 1 tbsp of water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour ladlefuls of the batter on it to make 2 to 4 vadas at a time.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn upside down, cover again and cook on a slow flame using 1/8 tsp of oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more vadas.
- Soak them in enough water in a bowl for 2 minutes. Thereafter, squeeze out the water and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and salt in a bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add this tempering to the whisked curds and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place two vadas on a serving plate and spread a portion of the curds mixture evenly the over vadas.
- Sprinkle ¼ tsp of cumin seeds powder and ½ tsp of chilli powder over it.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
See step by step images of Moong Dal Dahi Vada Recipe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.