Moong Dal and Paneer Phudina Chila
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 458 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60099 times
Chock-full of nutrients and abundant in flavour too, the Moong Dal and Paneer Phudina Chila is a wonderful snack to have any time of the day, whether for breakfast, supper or as a tea-time treat for a sudden guest. Ready in minutes, this flavourful chila features an exciting stuffing of mint-tinged paneer.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Drain the soaked moong dal, add ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease with a little oil, pour a portion of the batter on the tava and spread it evenly to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter round.
- Spread a portion of the topping evenly over it and press it gently so the topping sticks to the chila.
- Cook, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 3 more chilas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Moong Dal and Paneer Chila Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chila
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.