Mooli ka Achaar Recipe
by vrunda naik
This recipe has been viewed 48947 times
Mooli ka Achaar Recipe combines the pungency of radish and tongue-tickling spices. This pickle has a lingering flavour and strong, spicy aroma, a perfect accompaniment to any meal. You can also enjoy it with plain roti or parathas.
- Add 3/4 tsp salt to the radish pieces, keep salt applied radishes on a tray and place it in direct sunlight.
- Keep the tray slightly vertical so that water drains out from the radishes and flows downwards.
- Remove this water extracted from the radishes.
- After water is dried up from radishes, they are ready to be used to prepare the pickle.
- Roast the fenugreek seeds and carom seeds in a pan till they turn light brown, take out roasted spices in a bowl.
- Once the spices cool off, grind them along with rice to make a coarse powder.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and heat.
- Put radishes in hot oil and fry for 2 minutes then turn off the gas.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt to radishes, mix well.
- Now put in the roasted spices and mix thoroughly.
- After pickle cools a bit pour vinegar and mix well.
- Cool completely, store in an air-tight container and keep this container in direct sunlight for 3 days, this makes the pickle more tasty and it lasts longer.
- You can have this radish pickle right away but you will get it's actual taste only after 3 days.
- Radish pickle can be stored and eaten for a month.
This recipe was contributed by vrunda naik on 08 Jul 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.