Mixed Vegetable Sabzi – Restaurant Style Video by Tarla Dalal
Viewed 3021 times
The rich hue, strong aroma and irresistible taste of this Mixed Vegetable Sabzi will make you addicted to it!
A gravy of tomatoes, onions and cashewnuts forms the base of this marvelous creation, which features a horde of colourful and juicy veggies, which are sautéed separately in oil and then added to the gravy to enhance their flavour and get a distinct texture.
The appearance, taste and mouth-feel of this subzi are similar to what you get in restaurants, mainly due to the special paste used for the gravy, and the process of sautéing the veggies separately.
Relish this Mixed Vegetable Sabzi hot and fresh, with your favourite roti or paratha . Lachha Paratha is a perfect match.
Recipe Description for Mixed Vegetable Subzi, Restaurant Style Sabzi
- Combine all the ingredients and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cauliflower, french beans, carrot, capsicum and potatoes and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the vegetables turn light brown in colour.
- Switch off the flame, drain the vegetables in a bowl and keep aside.
- Reheat the left over oil in the same deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and the gravy mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the oil begins to separate, while stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with rotis or parathas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.