Mixed Vegetable Kootu
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17105 times
Mixed vegetable kootu is a south indian mixed vegetable recipe with chopped veggies like pumpkin, squash etc cooked with a sesame seeds based paste.
Add your private note
Mixed Vegetable Kootu recipe - How to make Mixed Vegetable Kootu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the red chilies, coriander seeds, chana dhal and methi seeds and saute for 40 seconds.
- Add the coconut and curry leaves and saute for a minute. Remove form the flame and cool.
- Add the cumin seeds and pepper and blend in a mixer, using some water to a smooth paste.
- In the same kadai, heat 1 tbsp oil, add the vegetables and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and saute for a minute and add the tamarind juice.
- Add turmeric powder and a pinch of hing, mix well and add water if necessary.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook till the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked chana, toor dhal and the ground gravy, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle , add the urad dhal, roasted peanuts, asafoetida, split green chilies and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Mix well and add it to the kootu and add the roasted and crushed sesame seeds and mix well.
- Serve hot with plain rice or rotis or dosas.
This recipe was contributed by brindhasuresh on 07 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.