Mixed Grain' N Leaf Patties
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12550 times
1. you can use palak leaves instead of red kerala spinach.
2. if drumstick leaves are not available, substitute it with any edible leafy vegetable.
3. if you want hotter patties you can add more chilli powder.
4. drumstick leaves should be used within 3 hrs after removing from the tree. if that is not possible, blanch the leaves in hot water for a while, squeeze and drain out water, chop and use.
5. you can use chopped onion instead of madras onion, but the taste will be slightly different.
Add your private note
Mixed Grain' N Leaf Patties recipe - How to make Mixed Grain' N Leaf Patties
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak soya granules in hot water for 15 minutes. squeeze and drain out all the water.
- Sieve whole wheat flour and raagi flour together.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Make dough using a little water.
- Divide into 12 balls.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Smear a little oil using a clean cloth dipped in oil.
- Wet your hands and press the balls evenly with finger tips to make patties.
- Place the patties on the tawa , cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and smear a little oil on the top of patties with the oiled cloth.
- Now cook the other sides also by covering and cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- When both the sides are golden brown, remove from tawa and keep aside.
- Make remaining patties like this.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
This recipe was contributed by sandhya.sha on 21 Jul 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.