Minty Green Peas and Cabbage Paratha ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 399 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35294 times
It is amazing what a little innovation can result in! In this unique variant of the common phudina paratha, we have boosted the nutrient content by stuffing the mint-flavoured chapatis with loads of crunchy veggies, while reducing the calorie count by cooking the parathas using very little oil. As the Minty Green Peas and Cabbage Paratha is bubbling with flavours, you do not need any oil-laden pickles or gravies to go with it, just low-fat curds and green chutney will be great!
- Combine the whole wheat flour, salt and mint sauce in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough well using oil till smooth and divide it into 5 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, green peas and cabbage, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll each portion of the chapati dough into a 150mm. (6?) diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing on one side of the chapati and fold to make a semi-circle.
- Seal the edges by pressing lightly using your fingertips.
- Repeat the steps 1 to 3 to make 4 more parathas.
- Cook each paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) using ¼ tsp of oil for each paratha till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.