Mint Basil Granita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12236 times
Add more josh to a classy evening party with this Mint Basil Granita, which is sure to refresh one’s senses with the strong accents of mint and basil! Lemon juice complements the herby flavour beautifully, further highlighting the perky flavour and aroma of mint.
You need to plan ahead if you wish to serve the Mint Basil Granita, because it needs to set for around 10 hours. Once you take it out of the freezer and scrape it into glasses, serve immediately before the crystalline texture melts away!
You can serve this frozen dessert with a dollop of vanilla flavoured whipped cream for a minty-creamy-ice-creamy flavour.
- Combine the basil, mint, sugar and 4 cups water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Transfer the mixture into an aluminum tray and freeze it for 5 hours or till semi-set.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back in the same aluminum tray and freeze again for 10 hours or till set.
- Scrape the mixture using a fork and serve immediately into glasses.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.