Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53348 times
Minestrone soup is the ideal way to start a hearty meal; alternatively it's so jam-packed with the goodness of vegetables that it could even serve as a whole meal by itself!
You can also try other wholesome soups like Lentil and Vegetable Broth or Vegetable and Noodle Soup .
- Wash the moong dal and add the tomatoes to it.
- Add 5 cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- When cooked, blend to a puree, strain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the cabbage and celery and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes
- Add the stock, green peas, tomatoes, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the macaroni, rajma, peas and tomatoes and simmer for some time.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.
- For a sweeter taste, 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce could be added to the soup at step 3.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||433.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||36.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||37.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.