Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42126 times
The mouthwatering milk halwa is a simple and quick sweet dish prepared from condensed milk, and crushed dried fruits cooked with sugar and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet!
- Boil milk in a broad heavy kadai till it is reduced to three fourth of its consistency.
- Add sugar and cook for another few minutes.
- Add citric acid to break the milk and keep stirring for few minutes.
- Fry cashewnuts and rawa in ghee and add to the halwa.
- Cook till moisture is evaporated. add little more ghee if necessary.
- When halwa consistency is reached remove from fire.
This recipe was contributed by padmasi on 25 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.