Microwave Vanilla Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21871 times
Ever heard of a cake that can be prepared in five minutes ad cooked in another five? Try this Microwave Vanilla Sponge Cake to believe us. It is the perfect sponge to use when you want to delight a surprise guest with a beautiful dessert. This eggless cake relies on curds and butter to achieve the ideal texture. However, remember that as the cake is cooked in the microwave, it tends to dry up a little if not used immediately. So, decorate and serve it as soon as it is ready, or cut it into cubes and team it up with ice-cream or custard to create many more magical desserts.
- Combine the curds and baking soda in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat ¼ cup of water in a deep microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, add the melted butter and sugar and mix well.
- Add the plain flour mixture, curds-baking soda mixture and vanilla essence and mix lightly with a spatula till no lumps remain.
- Spoon the mixture into a 125 mm. (5") diameter greased, microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and allow the cake to stand for approx. 5 minutes.
- Unmould and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.