Microwave Dhokla By vishakha_p
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8517 times
Relish the popular Gujarati snack, microwave dhokla with coriander chutney. The dal batter is steamed in a microwave, cut into sqaures and seasoned with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut. Microwave dhokla recipe is not only soft and delicious but also healthy and very quick to prepare.
- Soak 2 cups rawa, 1 cup yogurt and 1 cup water for 30 minutes.
- Grease a microwave proof pan - not plastic, preferably glass because you use oil.
- Add two tsp of eno to the rawa mixture and pour immediately in the greased pan cook it in the microwave covered for 12 minutes.
- After the dhokla''s are done, heat 2 tbsp oil, add black mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies to the oil. once the ingredients start spluttering, add the water and immediately pour the tadka over the dhokla.
- Cut the dhokla into pieces and garnish with dhaniya leaves and coconut.
- This is a recipe i found elsewhere and i merely want to add that to my personal recipe book. kindly note this is not my original contribution and hence i do not deserve credit for it.
This recipe was contributed by vishakha_p on 28 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.