Mexican Fried Rice By Josephine Joseph
by Josephine Joseph
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7461 times
Mexican fried rice is a Mexican cuisine inspired rice recipe. The rice is roasted in a skillet with onion and garlic until golden brown and then steamed with tomato puree and spices. Discover an easy way of preparing delicious Mexican fried recipe with this simple rice recipe.
- wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. drain.
- fry the rice in the oil until light pink in colour.
- add 3 cups of water and salt and cook until the rice is cooked.
- heat the oil in a broad vessel and fry the onions until golden brown in colour. add the garlic and fry for a few seconds. add the turmeric powder and fry agian for a few seconds.
- Remove the onions and in the same oil, fry the capsicum for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato, vegetables, chiili powder and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- add the fried onions and the cooked rice and mix well.
- serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Josephine Joseph on 06 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.